Colours Speak Louder Than Words

The colours in Tanzania are so vibrant and varied that I am almost certain there must be more shades here than there were in England, my homeland.

I used to take many photographs in black and white, but in Dar Es Salaam, it seems such a waste to ignore the vast spectrum of shades that spill out on to the streets everyday.

Here are my some of my latest street photographs, in which I have tried to capture the brighter shades of East Africa.

Kivukoni Fish Market

Water Carrier in Kigamboni
Carrying Cushions in Kigamboni, Dar Es Salaam
Carrying Cushions in Kigamboni, Dar Es Salaam
Street Market on Bibi Titi Mohammed Street in Dar Es Salaam
Street Market on Bibi Titi Mohammed Street in Dar Es Salaam

1. ann c says:

Yes, the colours so enhance life. Just back from Far East and similarly, colour wins the day !

1. alidunnell says:

Merry Christmas to you dear Ann. Whereabouts have you been visiting? Ali x

2. I love the double rainbows. I took a couple photos with double rainbows also. Thanks for the follow.

3. travelista says:

Looks awesome!

1. alidunnell says:

It really is. Thanks travelista. Ali

4. Thts a true fact#colour

Liked by 2 people

1. alidunnell says:

Colour is beautiful. Ali

5. I’m going to share these with my sister. She spent several months in Tanzania taking part in a project and she loved the time that she spent there.

1. alidunnell says:

Thank you so much I hope she likes the pictures. It is such a beautiful country. Many people fall in love with it. It really is a wonderful place.Ali

1. She loves them! Thanks for sharing. They brought her very fond memories back 🙂

6. portiegyal says: