Interviews and Mentions
- March 2020 saw the end of an international textiles project I had been involved in with the Kenya Embroiderer’s Guild when I was living in Nairobi. Barocco – the Red Dress is a 10 year global embroidery initiative by textile artist Kirstie Macleod. 120 embroiders in 27 countries have woven their personal political and cultural stories into the millions of individual stitches.
- In March 2020 my Youtube clip of monkeys jumping on the trampoline in our back garden in Mwanza, Tanzania was featured on satirical news programme ‘Svenska Nyheter’ shown on national Swedish television.
- In April 2019 one of my images was used in the children’s book “The Earth Carer’s Guide to Climate Change” edited by Geeta Dharmarajan and published by Katha Press.
- In September 2018 I was one of a panel of expert artist bloggers interviewed by blogging dot com for an article called “Artist Bloggers Talk: What Makes for a Rewarding Blog?”
- As part of WordPress’s 15th Anniversary I was asked to speak about my Travels with my Art blog at a conference in Nairobi, Kenya in June 2018
- Travels with my Art named as one of the top 25 African Expat Blog by CouponCode.NG in May 2018
- My art work was included in this Artist Showcase Collection by International Art Business Community Artsy Shark in February 2018
- Interview about expat life, art, blogging and family life in Kenya for ExpatFinder.com in February 2018.
- Travels with my Art named as one of the top 100 Art Blogs in the world by Feedspot in October 2017
- Interview about expat life, art, teaching and family life in Kenya for BlogExpat.com in October 2017.
- Interview about expat life, art, teaching and family life in Tanzania for Expat.Com’s Expat Magazine (April 2017)
- Travels with my Art featured on Editors’s Picks for WordPress Discover (January 2017)
I have have exhibited my art work and photography nationally and internationally in solo and group exhibitions.
Solo exhibitions have included: showing my travel photographs in Waterstone’s Bookshop, in Amsterdam, Netherlands; displaying my artwork in conjunction with the play “Fugee” by Abi Morgan, in Edinburgh and Falkirk, Scotland; an exhibition of travel photographs at the Showroom Workstation and Cinema and Access Space in Sheffield, England.
Group Exhibitions have included showing my work as a member of the Sheffield Photographic Society in the Botanical Gardens and the S10 Gallery in Sheffield. I also exhibited my paintings and photographs in the Bessemer Gallery in Sheffield’s Winter Gardens, England.
Between 2003 and 2006 I wrote articles and produced radio features for BBC Radio Sheffield and the BBC South Yorkshire website and Sheffield’s daily paper, The Sheffield Star. Between 2006 and 2008 I worked as a trainee journalist at Bradford’s daily paper The Telegraph & Argus.
Exhibitions and published articles also appear under my maiden name Ali Davies