Interviews and Mentions
- I was interviewed by 123 Art Magazine in April 2021, in an article about my art, my inspiration, my ideas, the materials I choose and how I create a piece of artwork.
- March 2020 saw the end of an international textiles project I had been involved in with the Kenya Embroiderer’s Guild when I was living in Nairobi. Barocco – the Red Dress is a 10 year global embroidery initiative by textile artist Kirstie Macleod. 120 embroiders in 27 countries have woven their personal political and cultural stories into the millions of individual stitches.
- In March 2020 my Youtube clip of monkeys jumping on the trampoline in our back garden in Mwanza, Tanzania was featured on satirical news programme ‘Svenska Nyheter’shown on national Swedish television.
- In April 2019 one of my images was used in the children’s book “The Earth Carer’s Guide to Climate Change” edited by Geeta Dharmarajan and published by Katha Press.
- In September 2018 I was one of a panel of expert artist bloggers interviewed by blogging dot com for an article called “Artist Bloggers Talk: What Makes for a Rewarding Blog?”
- As part of WordPress’s 15th Anniversary I was asked to speak about my Travels with my Art blog at a conference in Nairobi, Kenya in June 2018
- Travels with my Art named as one of the top 25 African Expat Blog by CouponCode.NG in May 2018
- My art work was included in this Artist Showcase Collection by International Art Business Community Artsy Shark in February 2018
- Interview about expat life, art, blogging and family life in Kenya for ExpatFinder.com in February 2018.
- Travels with my Art named as one of the top 100 Art Blogs in the world by Feedspot in October 2017
- Interview about expat life, art, teaching and family life in Kenya for BlogExpat.com in October 2017.
- Interview about expat life, art, teaching and family life in Tanzania for Expat.Com’s Expat Magazine (April 2017)
- Travels with my Art featured on Editors’s Picks for WordPress Discover (January 2017)
I have have exhibited my art work and photography nationally and internationally in solo and group exhibitions.
Solo exhibitions have included: showing my travel photographs in Waterstone’s Bookshop, in Amsterdam, Netherlands; displaying my artwork in conjunction with the play “Fugee” by Abi Morgan, in Edinburgh and Falkirk, Scotland; an exhibition of travel photographs at the Showroom Workstation and Cinema and Access Space in Sheffield, England.
Group Exhibitions have included showing my work as a member of the Sheffield Photographic Society in the Botanical Gardens and the S10 Gallery in Sheffield. I also exhibited my paintings and photographs in the Bessemer Gallery in Sheffield’s Winter Gardens, England.
Between 2003 and 2006 I wrote articles and produced radio features for BBC Radio Sheffield and the BBC South Yorkshire website and Sheffield’s daily paper, The Sheffield Star. Between 2006 and 2008 I worked as a trainee journalist at Bradford’s daily paper The Telegraph & Argus.
Exhibitions and published articles also appear under my maiden name Ali Davies